The World Wide Web is a very useful place for wargamers and history enthusiasts. Here are a few links to sites which we have found useful. Many of them favour us with a link to our web site, a welcome bonus.
Good battle reports are a pleasure to read. They convey to the anonymous reader a part of the feeling of fun and excitement the game offered the players. Some of our favourite battle reports on the web are listed below. Thanks to Ken Baggaley in particular for inspiring our own battle reports.
- Piquet/Band Of Brothers II Battle Reports at Peter 'Gonsalvo' Anderson's site.
- Battle Of Piccaetto by Ken Baggaley
- Battle Of Anita Hill by Ken Baggaley
- Battle of Pig Hill, The Battle of Bearn and many others by Firefall
- Relief of Poona Mission by Tony Stapells
- The Major Generals Battles - from Major General Tremorden Rederring's biography
- The Battle of Nagashino by Flagship Games
Resources on India
- Patton Nagar - Wargaming Scenario for the Battle of Asal Uttar, Indo Pak war 1965 to be played with Rapid Fire rules.
- Decorations and Medals of the Republic of India - A good resource page for military and civilian medals and awards.
- Bharat Rakshak - Consortium of Indian military web sites. Resources on Indian military forces.
- The 1971 India-Pakistan War Site - Resources on the 1971 war.
- Indian Armed Forces - The Official Web site of Indian Armed Forces.
Wargaming on the Web
- The Grimsby Wargames Society - Web home of the veterans who developed and playtested the original Rapid Fire! rules for World War 2.
- The Great Adventure - Robin Sutton's World War One war games page dedicated to the Great War Spearhead war games rules.
- Miniature Wargaming - A growing collection of wargaming resources including free Wargames Rules, Terrain and Painting Advice, links and more, in the form of blog entries.
- South East London Wargames Group (SELWG) - Organizers of the annual SELWG wargames show and a host of other gaming shows.
- The South London Warlords - Home to some of the most creative wargamers in the UK. Organisers of 'Salute' wargaming convention.
- The Bengal Club - A group of gentlemen gamers specializing in the 19th century.
- Northern Virginia Gamers - Wargaming club in Washington DC. Organisers of GAMECON.
- Patrick's Cardboard Warriors - Nifty 2D paper miniatures/counters for wargaming. Courtesy Patrick Crusiau.
- Little Lead Heroes - Andy Cowell's wargaming blog.
- Thomo The Lost - Wargamer-at-large, Norway-through-Seoul. "Thomo's Hole" offers Interesting articles and wargaming goodies.
- Phoenix wargaming club - Wargaming club based in Maryhill, Glasgow. With a reputation for the more experimental rather than the traditional.
- De Witte Ridder - Wargaming club in Belgium.
- Napoleon in Battle - Run by Janis Olszewska.
- Tin Soldiers of Antwerp - Belgian wargames association. Wish we had as good a club house!
- The Miniatures Page - Web magazine covering all genres and scales of Wargaming. Plenty of wargaming resources.
- A Twilight of Empires - Lords of the Earth, Campaign run by Chris Cornuelle.
- ConsimWorld - Wargame News, Information, Military History and Gaming Talk.
- Web Grognards - THE site for wargames on the web.
- Principles of War - Site aimed at wargamers in general, and those who use the Principles of War series of rules in particular.
- Fanaticus - A virtual community of ancient and medieval wargamers and amateur historians. Lots of useful resources.
- BPA Winter Activation Meeting - Details about Boardgaming Players Association (BPA) Winter Activation Meeting (WAM).
- Buckeye Boardgamers - Circleville Columbus Boardgamers aka Buckeye Boardgamers.
- MKWS Home Page - Milton Keynes Wargames Society: a UK based wargaming club.
- Newark Irregulars - A tabletop miniature wargaming club.
- Alan Saunders - Alan Saunders dwells on wargaming.
- Wargames Forum - Figures, Rules, Boardgames, Terrain, Magazines etc. etc.
- Warweb Store - Online shop for wargaming products including miniatures, books, rule sets and accessories.
- Boardgame Players Association - A worldwide group of boardgame enthusiasts, and host of the annual World Boardgaming Championships.
- Saga Publications - Publishers of Ancient/Medieval Warfare rules and several wargaming scenario booklets. Lots of useful resources for wargamers.
- Piquet Stockade - Australia's home for Piquet Players
- Larry Leadhead - THE comic strip about Wargamers, for Wargamers, by Wargamers.
- HMGS East - Eastern Chapter of the Historical Miniatures Gaming Society. Folks behind the legendary HISTORICON gaming convention.
- Frothers Unite! - Friends, Frothers, Countrymen! A haven for crazy wargamers.
- Napoleonic Wargaming Society - A very active wargames club from Western Australia
- The Piquet Heretics - Piquet heresies, scenarios and battle reports. Very good site!
- Napoleonic nuts of Singapore - The South Asian Frontier of Wargaming. Pictures, battle reports and much more.
- British Wargames - A very good resource page for Wargame related information.
- International Wargames Federation - Hosts of several Wargaming championships.
- British Historical Games Society - A multi faceted organisation which serves wargamers worldwide.
Indian Wargamers Online
- Manoj Govindan - Mentioned in Dispatches
- Sarath Sasikumar - Spills from a Leaking crucible
- Ravi Mohan - One Man Hacking
- Abey Mullassery - I am an artist who also writes software...
- Anand Mohan - This is the home page of Anand who incidentally...
- Sriram Sundararajan - As against popular belief, I am not a Human...
Technical Links (For webmasters, techies et al.)
- Python - New to programming? Python is free, and easy to learn. We use it to help in maintaining our site.
- gif2png - Eric Raymond maintains a tool for converting your GIF images to PNG images.
- Burn All GIFs - A project of the League for Programming Freedom. Learn why GIFs can be a source of patent violation.